- Our hosting partner performs system monitoring and alerts Navvia in the event of a system outage. Navvia also performs separate application monitoring that provides automated alerts to the Disaster Recovery Process Manager who in turn updates the Process Owner.
- The Process Owner evaluates the situation and a decision is made whether to declare a disaster.
- Once declared, the Process Manager administers the disaster recovery with the technical assistance of the Technical Architect.
- Production data is mirrored to the backup facility.
- A test of the mirrored environment is done monthly. This ensures the backup facility is ready in the event of a disaster. Results of the monthly test are documented.
- A test of the full DR plan is done annually. Results of the test are documented. The DR plan is reviewed annually.
- Clients are notified by email if a disaster is declared.
- Our RTO (Recovery Time Objective) is up to 24 hours.
- Our RPO (Recovery Point Objective) is up to 8 hours.