Today’s post will cover our new App: User Story Express for ServiceNow®. This application facilitates the importation of user story information captured in Navvia. In addition, it gives you the ability to start with the business process, capture the needs expressed by customers with User Stories, and map the technical requirements.
This will save you time and money by reducing rework and getting it right the first time.
The Business Problem: IT implementation initiatives Fail
We want to discuss the business problem we are trying to solve through this ServiceNow® application: 75% of IT implementation initiatives fail to meet their objectives.
Many organizations struggle with implementing new solutions, whether they are in the cloud or on platforms like ServiceNow®. There are many reasons behind people’s struggles, and you will see that many of them aren’t new. Instead, they’ve been issues for a long time. These include, but are not limited to;
- Corporate culture
- Unrealistic expectations
- Lack of sponsorship
- Silos in the organization
- No consensus on goals, or where we’re trying to go
Yet, two reasons are fundamental in this situation: undefined processes and unclear requirements.
The solution: User Story Express for ServiceNow®
This new App, User Story Express for ServiceNow®, facilitates the importation of user story information captured by Navvia. Additionally, creating a corresponding user story on the ServiceNow® platform.
The app will retrieve the following information from Navvia, including:
- Process documentation (process guides & flowcharts)
- User Story documentation
- Technical requirements (data specifications, tool requirements, states, notifications, metrics, supporting documentation)
Also, facilitate the creation of:
- User Story record in ServiceNow®
- Knowledge articles
- Document links to ServiceNow® modules
- Document approvals
So what are the benefits of User Story Express for ServiceNow®?
- Better alignment to the needs of the business: You’ll be able to start with the business process, capturing the voice of the customer with the user stories, then mapping the technical requirements. In other words, what you’re sending to ServiceNow® is a very detailed package for implementing whatever process you’re automating.
- Reduces re-work, saving you money and time: Less back and forth and fewer communication errors.
- An efficient way of listening to the voice of the customer by capturing those user stories: using a human-centred design approach.
- Supports Agile development: It integrates User Stories right into the Agile module of ServiceNow®
We hope you enjoy the webinar. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at https://navvia.com/contact/